Saturday 4 October 2014

Day 4 : Hair & Skin Care Tips - Part I

PCOS has been affecting my hair and skin from a long time. I have been having plenty of acne breakouts, and I have given up on concealing it in my makeup routine. Also the acne scars take a very long time to fade off.

Each week I'll post 2 of the tips I've been told to follow:

Hair Care

1. Warm Oil Massage - Massage your head for a few minutes with lukewarm oils. This leads to stimulation of blood flow to the scalp, which in turn make the hair follicles strong. I would be using coconul oil, but you can use almond or olive oil as well.

Here is a link with more details on a hot oil massage.

2. Mayonnaise - Use mayonnaise instead of a conditioner. This is a really good natural conditioner that can tame frizzy hair. It is especially good for dry frizzy hair. Apply mayo all over your hair from root to tip. Cover with a shower cap for 20 - 40 min. Then rinse off.

Skin Care

1. Turmeric mask - Mix a little turmeric with milk or yogurt to form a smooth paste. Apply it to your face. Rinse off once the mask starts feeling dry.
Read here for more health benefits of turmeric

2. Lemon + honey easy mask - Cut a lemon in half and add a few drops of honey to it. Rub it across you face and let it remain for 10 - 15 mins. Rinse off with cool water.

No comments:

Post a Comment